Epo-chem RA 500M
Two pack epoxy resin reinforced with screened glassflake. Outstanding high gloss finish.
Epo-chem™ RA 500M is suitable for a wide range of applications, including tanks, vessel linings and deck coatings. Epo-chem™ RA 500M is a solvent-free, wet tolerant and highly chemical resistant epoxy single/topcoat. The glassflake systems have been utilised over the last 30 years as tank lining in the most aggressive environments because they offer total barrier against moisture and corrosive ions. These are typically applied as a 1-coat system or as a topcoat on the primers with DFT of 200-300 microns. Minimum surface preparation standard required: Sa 2, WJ-2, St 3.
|Sea Water Ballast (Lloyd's Register & ABS Approved)||Crude Oil (ABS Certified)|
|Potable Water (NSF & FDA Certified)||Refined Oil (Diesel/Petrol)|
|Grey/Black Water||Cargo (Food Contact Approval)|
Epo-chem™ RA 500M - applied to a completely wet substrate
- Tested and Certified by NSF for fresh drinking water applications. Epo-chem™ RS 500P is used as the primer.
- Exceptional solvent-free tank lining; extensively used for sea water ballast, sewerage, crude oil, and potable water tanks.
- Used as a stripe coat to repair and protect high corrosion areas, i.e. welds and sharp edges.
- Adhesion test results on wet substrates far exceed industry norms attaining over 1300psi before cohesive failure.
- Wet tolerant – Can be applied on wet and soaking surfaces, no requirement for any dehumidification equipment.
- Epo-chem™ RA 500M is 100% solid solvent-free, no requirement for any ventilation equipment.
- Reduces the risk of MIC (Microbiological Induced Corrosion) and SRB (Sulphate Reducing Bacteria) as it does not contain the nutrients contained in solvent-based coatings.
- Lloyds class 1 approval for maintenance and type approved for new build in marine industry.
- FDA approval - potable water
- FDA approval - food contact.
- Excellent chemical resistance.
- Coating compatible with virtually all coal tar epoxy or other traditional ballast tank coatings.
- Compatible with all shop primers.
- Unlimited over-coating intervals.
- Fast turn-around, can be put back into service almost immediately (as soon as touch dry, 6-12 hours) the system is capable of ‘continuing’ to cure underwater.
- Glassflake technology ensures superb corrosion resistance and a long service life.
- Ideal for poorly and hand prepared surfaces - reducing the downtime and back-in service time.
- Can be applied as a single high build coat, up to 500 microns per coat by brush/roller or spray.
- Apply in any environmental condition, no humidity restrictions.
- Used as a single/top-coat for patch repairs or complete re-coat.
- Zero VOC; no fire hazard or odour.
- Hot-work, e.g. welding, cutting and grinding can be carried out without interruption.
- No storage hazard.
- Preparation and application works can be carried out by ships’ crew, riding crew, alongside quay-side or in dry-dock.
- More than 10 years successful track record in all major petrochemical and shipping companies.
- Up to 25 years performance guarantee.
- User friendly.
|RA 564 applied in a crude oil tank||RA 500M applied on a wet surface in a ballast tank||RA 500M applied in a cargo tank|
Below are the relevant data sheets relating to RA 500M. Items with a padlock require you to log into your account.
Below are the relevant documents relating to RA 500M. Items with a padlock require you to log into your account.
Below are the relevant certificates relating to to RA 500M.
RA 500M's Properties
|Primary duties||Multi-purpose/tank lining/structural coating/deck coating etc.|
|Primary characteristics||IMO - ballast tank and crude oil tank approved. NSF Certified for drinking water applications|
|Maximum immersed temperature||60°C|
|Maximum non-immersed temperature||°C|
|Minimum time to touch dry||6 hrs|
|Maximum overcoat time||Unlimited|
|Typical dry film thickness (dft) per coat||200-600µ|
|Colour range available||Limited range of colours is available|
RA 500M's Case Histories
The table below shows the 5 most recent case histories for this product. You can view the entire case history for this product by clicking here.
|Company||Location||Job Description||Industry||Date of Job|
|Adventure of the Seas||Swimming Pool Repair||Marine||11/2018|
|Hamburg Express||Ballast Tank Coating||Marine||11/2018|
|Teekay Marine||ALP Guard||Structural Repair||Marine||11/2018|
|Global Energy Group||Ross-shire, Scotland||Sluice Gates Refurbishment||Industrial||11/2018|
RA 500M's Related Case Studies
The table below shows the most recent case studies for this product.
RA 500M's Related Photo Galleries
Click any of the gallery links to start browsing the photo gallery.
RA 500M's Related Videos
The table below shows the most recent videos for this product.