Epo-chem RL 500PF
Two pack, wet, rust and oil tolerant, VOC compliant epoxy primer/finish.
Chemco's Epo-chem™ RL 500PF is a wet & rust tolerant, two pack, high solids MIO - Zinc epoxy which can be utilized either as a one coat primer/finish with good UV resistance or as a high performance coating which can be overcoated with colour topcoats.
Furthermore, tests have shown that it is compatible with many aged paint systems, including epoxies, acrylics and other single pack materials. However, it is always advisable when over-coating existing paints to undertake small trial areas before progressing to full scale application.
Epo-chem™ RL 500PF on a sweating, rusty surface
- High solids, two pack epoxy, single coat primer/finish
- Wet, rust and oil tolerant
- Applicable to hand prepared, blasted or water blasted steel
- Apply and operate at temperatures up to 150°C
- Extensively used for thermally insulated pipes and tanks; exceptional resistance to C.U.I.
- Can be applied to steam pipes whilst they are in operation
- Manufactured to meet the maintenance needs of:
- Electricity transmission operators for pylons
- Rail track maintenance for bridges, gantries, etc. where possession times are minimal
- Chemical industry, structural coating with very good chemical resistance
- Petrochemical and Offshore. Especially suited to floating tank roofs and tank externals and structural coatings offshore (not weather dependant)
- Water and sewerage, pipe and tank externals
- Good edge coverage, reducing the need for stripe coating
- Adhesion test results on wet and rusty substrates far exceeding the industry norm; with minimum 800psi before cohesive failure
- Exceptional adhesion on difficult substrates such as stainless steel, new or old galvanised, exotic metals
- Reduces downtime for outside contracts and in inclement weather condition
- No humidity or dew point restrictions
- No overcoating limitations
- Superb corrosion and weathering resistance (MIO zinc technology)
- Independent tests and actual trials have shown a single coat of 150 microns will offer 10 year plus maintenance-free protection
- Very good workability and easy to apply by brush, roller or spray
- Extensively used as a single coat maintenance system on electricity pylons
- Resistant to chalking with good UV resistance and colour stability
- More than 1 million square metres applied over 10 years without a single failure
- Available in a limited range of colours
Epo-chem™ RL 500PF applied to the externals of a tank, pipelines and on a floating roof respectively
Below are the relevant data sheets relating to RL 500PF. Items with a padlock require you to log into your account.
Below are the relevant documents relating to RL 500PF. Items with a padlock require you to log into your account.
|Reference Letter – Hertel|
|Flyer - Full Deck and Steam Pipe Coating|
|Flyer - High Temperature Coatings|
|Flyer - New Build Specification Guide|
|Flyer - RL 500PF|
|Report - Epo-chem RL 500PF|
|Flyer - Cruise Ship Application Areas|
RL 500PF's Properties
|Primary duties||Structural, pipe & tank externals - Single coat Primer/Finish|
|Primary characteristics||Wet & rust tolerant|
|Maximum immersed temperature||°C|
|Maximum non-immersed temperature||150°C|
|Minimum time to touch dry||6 hrs|
|Maximum overcoat time||Unlimited|
|Typical dry film thickness (dft) per coat||100-200µ|
|Colour range available||Limited range of colours is available|
RL 500PF's Case Histories
The table below shows the 5 most recent case histories for this product. You can view the entire case history for this product by clicking here.
|Company||Location||Job Description||Industry||Date of Job|
|New Tech Distribution||France||Structural Repair||Oil & Gas||11/2018|
|EP Industrial & Commercial Painting||England||Structural Repair||Marine||11/2018|
|Lanarkshire Welding Co||Wishaw, Scotland||Structural Repair||Industrial||11/2018|
|V. Ships UK||MV Seaways Rubymar||Steam Pipe Coating||Marine||10/2018|
|Coatings International Africa||Durban, South Africa||Structural Repair||Industrial||10/2018|
RL 500PF's Related Case Studies
The table below shows the most recent case studies for this product.
RL 500PF's Related Photo Galleries
Click any of the gallery links to start browsing the photo gallery.
RL 500PF's Related Videos
The table below shows the most recent videos for this product.