Epo-chem RW 500
Two pack epoxy Novolac system reinforced with glassflake.
Epo-chem™ RW 500 is a solvent-free, epoxy Novolac system that can be utilized as a topcoat/finish in one or more coats to most substrates. It is suitable for a wide range of applications such as a lining for tanks, vessels, pipes and chimneys.
The coating is also suited for application in chemical tanks when rust tolerant Epo-chem™ RE 500P is used as a primer. This lining system offers excellent resistance to high temperatures and highly aggressive chemicals, such as ethanol and caustic soda.
Epo-chem™ RW 500 applied as a glassflake topcoat in a chemical tank
- Solvent-free (odourless) epoxy Novolac
- Outstanding protection to metal and concrete substrates
- Forms a durable barrier resistant to abrasion, erosion and thermal shock
- Ideal tank lining system, specifically designed for the most aggressive combination of high temperature and chemical environments in immersed conditions
- Available in hand/trowel grades for optimum protection from the most aggressive environments
- Recommended for internal protection of tanks, vessels, separators, flue gas desulphurisation units, chimneys, pipes and equipment operating at high temperature
- Zero VOC
- May be applied on one or more coats to most substrates
- Also available in spray grade to offer the customer a complete system’s solution to hostile cyclic wet and dry chemical environments
- Exceptional chemical tanker corrosion protection system when primed with Epo-chem™ RE 500P to produce a solvent-free tank lining system for carrying highly aggressive chemicals
Below are the relevant data sheets relating to RW 500. Items with a padlock require you to log into your account.
Below are the relevant documents relating to RW 500. Items with a padlock require you to log into your account.
RW 500's Properties
|Primary duties||Tank lining for multi-purpose chemical storage vessels|
|Maximum immersed temperature||125°C|
|Maximum non-immersed temperature||220°C|
|Minimum time to touch dry||8 hrs|
|Typical dry film thickness (dft) per coat||200-1200µ|
|Colour range available||Limited range of colours is available|
RW 500's Case Histories
The table below shows the 5 most recent case histories for this product. You can view the entire case history for this product by clicking here.
|Company||Location||Job Description||Industry||Date of Job|
|Key Breeze||Chemical Tank Lining||Marine||11/2017|
|MIPC bvba||Belgium||Structural Repair||Industrial||11/2017|
|Athenian Sea Carriers||Athenian Success||Cargo Tank Lining||Marine||10/2017|
|MIPC bvba||Belgium||Structural Repair||Industrial||10/2017|
RW 500's Related Case Studies
The table below shows the most recent case studies for this product.
|Company/Industry||Location||Date of Job|
|Secondary Containment Bund Refurbishment - Courtesy of Corroless Eastern||UK||05-2017|
|Waste Oil Tank Refurbishment - Cruise Ship||At Sea||10-2016|
|Chemical Tank Refurbishment - Key Bora (Solvent-free Novolac Epoxy)||Poland||04-2016|
|Cooling Water Tank Refurbishment - Petrochemical Plant||UK||02-2016|
|Hot Well Tank - Queen Mary 2||Sydney||02-2015|
|Chemical Tank Refurbishment - Chemical Carrier||Singapore||03-2014|
|Chemical Tank Refurbishment - Intrepid Canada||Intrepid Canada Chemical Carrier||01-2014|
|Hot Well Tank - Kenross Containers||Rossendale, UK||12-2013|
|Pump Refurbishment - Courtesy of CSC Australia||Australia||04-2010|
|High Temperature Tank Refurbishment - Ineos - Grangemouth Petrochemical||Grangemouth||04-2010|
|Tank Refurbishment - Courtesy of CSC Australia||Australia||03-2008|
|High Temperature Process Vessel Refurbishment - North Alwyn Platform - TOTAL||North Alwyn Platform, North Sea||04-2007|
RW 500's Related Photo Galleries
Click any of the gallery links to start browsing the photo gallery.