Epo-chem RW 500
Two pack epoxy Novolac system reinforced with glassflake.
Epo-chem™ RW 500 is a solvent-free, epoxy Novolac system that can be utilized as a topcoat/finish in one or more coats to most substrates. It is suitable for a wide range of applications such as a lining for tanks, vessels, pipes and chimneys.
The coating is also suited for application in chemical tanks when rust tolerant Epo-chem™ RE 500P is used as a primer. This lining system offers excellent resistance to high temperatures and highly aggressive chemicals, such as ethanol and caustic soda.
Epo-chem™ RW 500 applied as a glassflake topcoat in a chemical tank
- Solvent-free (odourless) epoxy Novolac
- Outstanding protection to metal and concrete substrates
- Forms a durable barrier resistant to abrasion, erosion and thermal shock
- Ideal tank lining system, specifically designed for the most aggressive combination of high temperature and chemical environments in immersed conditions
- Available in hand/trowel grades for optimum protection from the most aggressive environments
- Recommended for internal protection of tanks, vessels, separators, flue gas desulphurisation units, chimneys, pipes and equipment operating at high temperature
- Zero VOC
- May be applied on one or more coats to most substrates
- Also available in spray grade to offer the customer a complete system’s solution to hostile cyclic wet and dry chemical environments
- Exceptional chemical tanker corrosion protection system when primed with Epo-chem™ RE 500P to produce a solvent-free tank lining system for carrying highly aggressive chemicals
Below are the relevant data sheets relating to RW 500. Items with a padlock require you to log into your account.
Below are the relevant documents relating to RW 500. Items with a padlock require you to log into your account.
RW 500's Properties
|Primary duties||Tank lining for multi-purpose chemical storage vessels|
|Maximum immersed temperature||125°C|
|Maximum non-immersed temperature||220°C|
|Minimum time to touch dry||8 hrs|
|Typical dry film thickness (dft) per coat||200-1200µ|
|Colour range available||Limited range of colours is available|
RW 500's Case Histories
The table below shows the 5 most recent case histories for this product. You can view the entire case history for this product by clicking here.
|Company||Location||Job Description||Industry||Date of Job|
|MIPC bvba||Belgium||Structural Repair||Industrial||11/2018|
|CSC (SEA)||Singapore||Structural Repair||Industrial||10/2018|
|Athenian Sea Carriers||Athenian Glory||High Temperature Tank Lining||Marine||10/2018|
|MIPC bvba||Belgium||Structural Repair||Industrial||10/2018|
|EP Industrial & Commercial Painting||England||Chemical Tank Lining||Marine||09/2018|
RW 500's Related Case Studies
The table below shows the most recent case studies for this product.
RW 500's Related Photo Galleries
Click any of the gallery links to start browsing the photo gallery.