Chemco provide a choice of coatings for application underwater. Chemco's two product ranges related to underwater application are Diver-cote™ and Pool-fix™. Diver-cote™ is primarily designed for application across splash zones. Pool-Fix™ is a modified version of Diver-cote™ for application in swimming pools when repair and maintenance is required.
This product has been designed to be applied underwater; for above and below splash zone and for repair of jetties, pilings and other steel and concrete subsea structures.
- Ideal corrosion protection for large submerged structures.
- No paint dispersion in water for eco friendly application; producing faster and cleaner applications.
- Forms a very smooth, non-porous, paint-like finish.
- High application rates can be achieved for large areas using power brush/roller.
- Excellent abrasion and erosion resistance and can withstand severe physical stresses caused by wave action.
- Cost effective solution compared to expensive cofferdam or other methods of underwater application.
- Offers excellent adhesion to substandard surface preparation expected underwater.
- Offers long-term maintenance-free protection.
Applying Diver-cote™ under-water
This product range has been designed to be applied directly underwater with the minimum of surface preparation; it is ideal for repairing cracks, small leaks and grout repairs in swimming pools without the need to empty the pool.
The advantages of Pool-fix™ are: