Chemco’s revolutionary solvent-free, wet & rust tolerant epoxy coating system has recently received IMO PSPC-COT Approval for applications in Oil Cargo Tanks.
This unique technology comprises of two state-of-the-art coating systems:
- Epo-chem™ RS 500P – a solvent-free, wet & rust tolerant epoxy primer/finish coat
- Epo-chem™ RA 500M – a solvent-free, wet tolerant, glassflake reinforced and highly chemical resistant single coat/topcoat.
The Chemco system was tested against a grit blasted surface (Sa 2½) and against five nominated shop primers, successfully passing all tests with exceptional performance. The same coating system was also uniquely tested on a wet & rusty surface (WJ-3) and passed this test with the same results.
This system has also been approved by IMO for sea water ballast tanks, NSF for potable water applications and FDA for carrying food and potable water. The same groundbreaking coating system has also been extensively utilised in Grey/Black Water Tanks, Mud/Brine Tanks, Sewage Tanks and Refined Oil Tanks (Diesel/Petrol).
By utilising Chemco’s unique coating solution the following benefits can be achieved:
- Any surface preparation method can be utilised: abrasive blasting, water jetting or mechanical preparation
- Can be applied in any environmental condition (no dehumidification or ventilation requirements)
- No humidity or dew point restrictions
- Outstanding adhesion to rusty or poorly prepared and wet surfaces
- No over-coating limitations
- Significantly reduced Health & Safety and Fire Hazard
- No operational shutdown required
- Compatible with almost all protective coatings, including shop primers and coal-tar epoxies