Cargo Holds and Cargo Tanks
Crude oil cargo tanks and holds are now required to be coated with an IMO approved coating system due to changes in regulations.
Chemco’s solvent-free, wet & rust tolerant system has passed independent tests for IMO Resolution MSC.288(87) for application in crude oil cargo tanks on bare steel, shop primed steel and on wet & rusty steel.
- Solvent-free, wet & rust tolerant
- Flexibility with surface preparation method
- Significantly reduced Health & Safety and Fire Hazard
- Comprehensive range of solutions
- FDA: Food (dry bulk cargo), non-alcoholic beverage
- FDA: Alcoholic beverages
- Abrasive cargo – glassflake epoxy or ceramic systems
- Fuels and crude oil – glassflake epoxy system
- Aggressive chemicals – vinylester glassflake system
- All coatings are cold applied and fast cure
Solvent-Free, Wet & Rust Tolerant System
RS 500P is a solvent-free, wet & rust tolerant primer or primer-finish epoxy coating system. The system’s long-term performance is based on completely sealing the surface (porous-free film) and arresting the rust totally.
RA 500M is a solvent-free, wet tolerant and highly chemical resistant glassflake epoxy single/topcoat.
RS 500P and RA 500M combine to make a multi-functional, groundbreaking coating system which is perfectly suited to cargo holds and cargo tanks.