At Chemco, we have developed a unique, multi-purpose tank lining system suitable for the following tank applications: sea water ballast, potable water, crude & refined oil, cargo, grey/black water, mud/brine and sewage.
This is a two coat system comprised of:
- One primer coat of solvent-free, wet & rust tolerant epoxy Epo-chem™ RS 500P
- One topcoat of solvent-free, wet tolerant, glassflake epoxy Epo-chem™ RA 500M
One key benefit of utilising this system is the flexibility it has when it comes to surface preparation; any surface preparation method can be used – grit blasting, water jetting or mechanical preparation. Utilising water jetting or mechanical preparation can result in substantial time and cost savings for our clients as grit blasting does not need to be used (no requirement for dehumidification and ventilation equipment).
The ‘Wet’ tolerant property of this system means that they do not require the tanks to be dry before they can be applied. This can result in huge time and cost savings for the client as coating application can begin immediately after the surface preparation has been completed. The system also has the ability to continue to ‘cure’ underwater, which will allow sea water ballast tanks to ballast again within 3 – 4 hours.
Applying this system on rusty or poorly prepared and wet surfaces has no adverse affect on the coating’s performance. The adhesion values of our wet & rust tolerant product range actually outweigh that of traditional solvent-based coating systems. There are also no over-coating limitations.
The solvent-free (odourless) properties of the tank lining system mixed with an environmentally friendly surface preparation method brings with it the added benefit of significantly reduced Health & Safety standards and Fire Precautions. This system also allows other nearby ongoing work (including hot work) to continue with no disruption.
This unique technology has been extensively used for all of the aforementioned tank applications for over 15 years with complete success.
This system has the following certificates and approvals:
- ABS Certificate – RS 500P/RA 500M on bare steel and blast cleaned steel surfaces (and on wet & rusty steel)
- Lloyds Approval:
- Lloyds Approval – Ballast Tank Maintenance Coating – RS 500P & RA 500M
- Lloyds Type Approval – IMO Resolution MSC.215 (82) PSPC for New Build – Bare Steel
- Lloyds Type Approval – IMO Resolution MSC.215 (82) PSPC for New Build – Shop Primer
- NSF Certified – NSF/ANSI 61-G – Drinking Water System Components
- FDA Approval:
- FDA Approval – Food Contact
- FDA Approval – Potable Water