Pipeline Refurbishment – Chemical Plant
The Multinational Chemical Company had severe corrosion issues with their cooling water and air supply pipeline, and were in desperate need of a new coating protection system.
In order to access the pipelines, scaffolding was required.
The design of the pipelines made access difficult and restricted movement; particularly underneath the pipes.
The project also had to be carried out in cold and wet conditions.
The pipes were water-blasted to WJ-3/WJ-4 standard.
One primer coat of wet & rust tolerant RL 500PF was applied, followed by one topcoat of epoxy acrylic coating RC 500GTC.
This system was chosen to provide protection from corrosion, chemical exposure and UV radiation.
During the surface preparation and priming stages, it was cold and was raining almost every day.
Utilising the Chemco system resulted in substantial time and cost savings being achieved despite the conditions.
- No grit blasting required
- Application can be carried out in adverse weather conditions
- Significantly reduced downtime for outdoor contracts
- Outstanding UV protection and chemical resistance
- Long term corrosion protection
- Reduced Health & Safety concerns and risk of Fire Hazard