Sewage Tank Refurbishment – CSC Singapore
The sewage tank on-board an offshore supply ship was suffering from corrosion and required to be refurbished.
This project was carried out by Chemco Specialty Coatings (Singapore).
Due to the nature of the application, a coating system with high chemical and abrasion resistance was required. This system had to provide long-term performance with minimal ongoing maintenance.
The project had to be completed within 5 days.
The surface was prepared using mechanical power tools to St 3 standard.
One stripe coat and one full coat of solvent-free, high temperature and chemically-resistant Novolac epoxy primer Epo-chem™ RE 500P was then applied; followed by two full coats of solvent-free, high temperature and chemically-resistant Novolac epoxy topcoat Epo-chem™ RW 500.
The project was completed on time and within budget.
• Zero VOC
• Exceptional chemical and high temperature resistance
• Minimum surface preparation required (no grit blasting necessary)
• Forms a durable barrier with resistance to abrasion, erosion and thermal shock
• Fast curing and quick overcoating
• Reduced contract duration and downtime