Corroded meter skid consisting of 16″ sweating pipeline and 14″ pipeline (along with riser) required a corrosion protection system with minimal surface preparation which could be applied to both wet and dry substrate.
Working in the Gulf of Mexico with humid weather conditions combined with constantly wet “sweating” substrate.
Using Epo-chem™ solvent-free, wet & rust tolerant epoxy system; one coat of Epo-chem™ RS 500P was applied @ 6 mls (150µ) DFT followed by one coat of Epo-chem™ RA 500M @ 10 mls (250µ) DFT using spray, brush and roller for both.
The major technical benefits offered by utilising this system ensured that the work was carried out safely, on time and with no delays to the program on both wet and dry substrate.
• No grit blasting
• No delays due to weather or sweating substrate
• Application carried out on sweating pipe without shutdown
• UHP surface preparation, primer and topcoat on same day in some areas
• Reduced cost of labour and surface preparation
• Chemco system will protect the steel substrate with a 5-year warranty
Contact Our Specialist Coating Advisors…
Our coating specialists can suggest the right solution for your specific application.