The client required to expand the amount of rapeseed oil that they could store on site. Their primary storage vessel was a stainless steel tank, but in addition to this they had a mild steel tank which they wished to repurpose.
This project was carried out by Corroless Eastern.
The chosen coating solution had to have FDA approval for direct food contact, provide sufficient abrasion and chemical resistance, and ensure long-term performance.
The tank internals were thoroughly cleaned and degreased, before being grit blasted to Sa 2½ to achieve the desired surface profile.
One stripe coat and two full coats of solvent-free, wet tolerant Epo-chem™ RA 500M were then applied.
The solvent-free Chemco system allowed the project to be completed safely and quickly, with the tank fully refurbished and repurposed for the storage of food.
• Solvent-free • Wet tolerant
• Glassflake-reinforced for added protection
• FDA Approved system for food contact
• Exceptional abrasion resistance
• Can be applied with no nearby operational shutdown
• Quick back-in-service times
• No recoating limitations
• Reduced Health & Safety Risk and Fire Hazard
After Stripe Coating
Contact Our Specialist Coating Advisors…
Our coating specialists can suggest the right solution for your specific application.