Steam Pipe Coatings
Steam pipes operate in a unique, high temperature environment whilst being exposed to a hot saltwater atmosphere and UV attack.
The majority of conventional paint systems which have been utilised for steam pipes only offer a short-term solution and regularly require to be re-coated.
Chemco’s multi-purpose, wet, rust & oil tolerant system ensures long-term protection from severe abrasion, impact and chemical spillage. This unique system can be applied and operated in temperatures up to 150°C – far beyond the capabilities of other ‘surface tolerant’ epoxies – and has excellent thermal expansion and contraction capabilities.
- No grit blasting requirements
- Wet & rust tolerant
- Can be applied and operate at 150°C
- Exceptional thermal expansion and contraction capabilities
- No operational shutdown required for future maintenance work
- Long-term maintenance-free protection
- No overcoating limitations
- No humidity or dew point restrictions
- Applicable to sweating substrate