High solids, wet, rust & oil tolerant primer/finish protective coating.
Epo-chem™ RL 500PF is a high solids, wet, rust & oil tolerant primer/finish coating.
It has been specifically designed as a one-coat system or as a high performance coating which can be over-coated with coloured topcoats.
This system has been specified and utilised by almost all major marine, offshore, petrochemical and power generation companies.
RL 500PF is particularly effective as an all-weather coating for large external structures (including steam pipes) where complete encapsulation or weather proofing is not possible. Rain, water and high humidity have no effect on the freshly-painted surface.
PRIMARY FEATURES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Wet & rust tolerant
- Any surface preparation method can be utilised (abrasive blasting, water jetting or mechanical)
- Can be applied, and operates, in temperatures up to 150°C
- Can be applied in any environmental condition
- No humidity or dew point restrictions
- No recoating limitations
- Good UV resistance and colour stability
- Exceptional adhesion to wet & rusty surfaces
- Significantly reduces downtime for outdoor contracts
RL 500PF exhibits exceptional adhesion on difficult substrates; stainless steel, new or old galvanised steel and exotic metals. The coating is also compatible with many aged paint systems.
The system has been extensively used in the following areas:
- Steam Pipes
- Shaft Tunnels
- External Fittings
- All Tank Externals