Potable Water Tank Coatings
Potable water tanks are usually situated in difficult access areas, making them challenging to maintain and refurbish.
Chemco’s solvent-free, wet & rust tolerant coating system is designed to allow for fast, easy and odourless application meaning nearby operations (including hot work) can be continued in a safe, cost-effective and convenient manner without disruption.
This unique tank lining system offers very good chemical resistance, and has achieved the following approvals for application in potable water tanks:
- NSF certified for potable water applications
- FDA approved for food contact and potable water
- Wet & rust tolerant
- Significantly reduced Health & Safety and Fire Hazard
- No recoating limitations
- No extensive requirements for dehumidification or ventilation
- NSF Certified for potable water applications
- FDA potable water compliant
- Suitable for all water tanks, including grey water, oil settling and mud tanks
- Fast cure with quick back-in-service times
Solvent-Free, Wet & Rust Tolerant System
RS 500P is a solvent-free, wet & rust tolerant primer or primer-finish epoxy coating system. The system’s long-term performance is based on completely sealing the surface (porous-free film) and arresting the rust totally.
RA 500M is a solvent-free, wet tolerant and highly chemical resistant glassflake epoxy single/topcoat.
RS 500P and RA 500M combine to make a multi-functional, groundbreaking coating system which is perfect suited to potable water tanks.