The internal surfaces of sand filters at two different sites in Egypt were suffering from corrosion damage and required to be completely refurbished.
The project had to be carried out in confined spaces. Working in high humidity also added to the difficulty of this project.
The surfaces were grit blasted to Sa 2½ standard. One primer coat of solvent-free, wet & rust tolerant Epo-chem™ RS 500P was applied. This was followed by two topcoats of solvent-free, ceramic coating Ceram-chem™ RP 500.
The projects were completed on time, within budget and to the complete satisfaction of the client. These projects follow on from the success of similar applications over the last two years. Moving forward, the client has stated that they plan to use the Chemco system for the remainder of their sand filters.
Using this system offered by Chemco, the following benefits can be achieved:
- Solvent-free, environmentally friendly solution
- Increased application safety
- Excellent chemical and abrasion resistance
- Extremely smooth, hard-wearing finish
- Reduced Health & Safety and Fire Hazards
- No humidity or dew point restrictions