The exposed steel piles underneath the main jetty required a corrosion protection system with minimal surface preparation and no disruptions to the programme.
Working in a very restrictive area with extreme weather conditions (including high humidity), using minimal surface preparation and a limited timescale, combined with working in a tidal zone.
Primer coat of solvent-free, wet and rust tolerant epoxy Epo-chem™ RS 500P @ 150µm and a topcoat of solvent-free, wet tolerant system Epo-chem™ RA 500M @ 250µm by brush and roller.
The major technical benefits offered by utilising this system assured the client that the work was carried out safely, on time and with no major delays, despite severe weather conditions during the application.
• No major delays to program
• Reduced H&S and Fire Precaution
• Reduced cost of plant and equipment
• No grit blasting required
• Application can be carried out in very high humidity or on wet substrate
• Chemco system will protect the steel substrate in excess of 10 years
Contact Our Specialist Coating Advisors…
Our coating specialists can suggest the right solution for your specific application.