Potable Water Tanks Patch Repair
Ten potable water tanks on Support Station 3 required to be patch repaired as the existing system had failed in some areas due to age.
The new coating system had to be compatible with the ageing paint system.
Grit blasting was also impractical due to time and costs implications.
The useful life of the coating system had to be extended to 15 years.
All areas which required to be repaired, including weld seams and edges, were mechanically prepared before being freshwater washed to remove salt and any other contamination.
One coat of solvent-free, wet & rust tolerant epoxy Epo-chem™ RS 500P was applied to the prepared areas.
This was followed by one topcoat of solvent-free, wet tolerant epoxy Epo-chem™ RA 500M.
The repair works in the potable water tanks were successfully completed within the time frame given.
The useful life of the tanks have been extended to the required 15 years.
• No grit blasting required
• Patch repair work can be easily carried out – no compatibility issues
• Reduced H&S and Fire Precaution
• No humidity or dew point restrictions
• No disruption to other ongoing work (including hot work)
• No recoating limitations
• Unique patch repair guarantees can be received